11.19.18 | Infamy Update

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Starzeh, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Starzeh

Starzeh Administrator Staff Member

Infamy has now been revamped. When gaining infamy points, the sound will only play once. Your added infamy points will no longer show in chat, but will show on the scoreboard on the right side of your screen. That scoreboard will disappear 10 seconds after you're finished farming. We will not be resetting infamy. The points you have now are the points you keep.

The points per rank have changed; once you reach these point values and are killed, you will be sent back to the designated rank in the prison

• Elite - 4500 points
    • A-Prisoner - 9000 points
    • B-Prisoner - 13500 points
    • C-Prisoner - 18000 points

Your infamy points will then be set to 0.

When you die, you will now lose money as a form of bounty. The money loss depends on your infamy points and scales up to 25% of your total balance.

At 13500 infamy points, you lose the ability to use /pay
    At 30000 infamy points, your location will be shown on /infamy top

Illegal Farm Pstones can now be broken by anyone. When broken, the person will be rewarded $5000. When the illegal farm stone is broken, all of the crops within the field will disappear.

Edit: These changes are NOT live yet. We are giving you a warning. The only thing currently implemented is that you can not send money after the designated points.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    chubbycurls likes this.
  2. chubbycurls

chubbycurls Member Premium

chubbycurls
    RIP Farming... Hunting people with infamy is on! :p

3. Bush

Bush New Member

I'm curious what the goal of this is? I just don't see how this is fun, or promotes the longevity of the server.

4. Stick

Stick Member Premium

Stick4Warden
    Does the person who broke the illegal farm pstone get 5k or is it the person who placed it?

5. Starzeh

Starzeh Administrator Staff Member

The person who breaks it.

chubbycurls and Stick like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Member Premium

xChet
    That /infamy top command is really worrying. Is there going to be any limits or cooldowns for it?

7. Sly

Sly New Member Premium

SlyCedix
    The drawbacks of these farming blocks are quite significant to the point that free world as a whole is shaping up to be simply a place for storage and to use brewing stands and furnaces without much danger:

• Three illegal farming blocks with wheat at max efficiency aren't even on par with simply mining in donor, money wise, only netting around 4-5k/farm/hr with wheat, or beetroot, the two highest moneymaking crops, and given the fact that the crops are constantly growing, being harvested, and being replanted the entire time.
    • There are few biomes where you can grow the two big money making crops, so it will be easy to just comb through those once a day or so and find all the farms growing wheat and beetroot.
    • Since the farms need direct access to sunlight, and are so large they would be quite easy to find for anyone actively looking for them, even if they weren't combing specific biomes.
    • Now that there is an incentive to destroy the farm blocks, more people will be doing the things mentioned in the above two points.
    • You can't really continue using the same locations because the people who destroyed those blocks in the first place will probably return there every so often to see if there is a new block to break.
    • Placing them near your base would be bad as it gives people searching for farms a lighthouse to search nearby.
    • With the inability to place them near your base comes the fact that you can no longer load your farms from your base, as they would need to be within 8?(Not sure on the chunk loading distance set on the server) chunks to grow
    • With the inability to load your crops while in your base, comes the fact that you will need to actively tend to your crops instead of working with your clan on other things such as CTP, PvP prep, building, etc. That is if you want to recoup the cost of the farming block before someone comes through and destroys it.
    This leaves us with the question, why farm? On most servers, previous iterations of KDC included, farming isn't the quickest way to make money, but it is the way that, at least in the case of KDC, free players were able to have money trickle in while they did other free things. Placing such a large amount of maintenance on farming is going to cause players to heavily lean towards having next to no income in free, instead, grinding out money in the prison for a few days when money gets tight.

My solution, instead, is this:
    • Illegal farming blocks can be contested by anyone, contesting notifies the owner that their farming block will be destroyed in 24 hours, additional contests by more players not in the same guild (that haven't been recently in that guild either), lower that contest timer by 1 hour each, down to 6 hours.
    • The owner is notified on login, every time a new contest occurs, and every hour until the 24 hours is up.
    • Within that 24 hours, the farming block functions as normal, and the owner can do everything except for remove it themselves.
    • At the end of the 24 hours a mini CTP(point, not portal) could open up for all those who contested and who ever wins this CTP is rewarded. The owner can also participate in this CTP and if they win, the block stays and is incontestable for 12 hours.
    This way the owner is given something they can do about having their farms taken, and they can be guaranteed to have the time to recoup the costs, as long as they farm hard enough. This also promotes PVP surrounding people's farms in a way better than simply picking up other people's farming blocks without a trace.

8. Lax

Lax Member Premium

Laxrules017
    can you define contested? like someone steps foot in the field? attempts to destroy?

9. Sly

Sly New Member Premium

SlyCedix
    I'd say you type a command while looking at the block, if you don't want to do it you don't have to, but also make it easy to do

/ps contest for example

Lax likes this.
  10. Lax

Lax Member Premium

Laxrules017
    gotcha, overall I think your idea has potential. I definitely prefer contesting the pstone over just breaking it without any regard

11. Kordell

Kordell New Member

• These need to be raised like hell, you lose some of your money AND have to rank back up? 18k points gets me fucking nothing. No one is going to farm unless it's on an alt lol or just because I said they're not.
    nice
    nice IF I DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE TO FUCKING PAY 215K TO GET BACK TO FREE

"everyone get on ur alts and kill the farmers!!!!!!!" So, I can't get rid of my money AND everyone gets to know my location to kill me because I was farming(the only way to make money btw!!!!!) and they don't lose anything from it? STOOPID AF

Wow even more reason to not farm, so you're telling me not only do I get the opportunity to be sent back to C making me spend 215k to get to free along with losing a percentage of my money but I also have to deal fuck people breaking my farms that I spent 15k each on? Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://killion.co/threads/hella-suggestions-p2.274/
    it's a good thing this would solve most of the problems with what you guys have(what the people who play/donate to your server want) (^:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Ryan10000 and gkidedabeast like this.