Griefing & Block Glitching Rules

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by Starzeh, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Starzeh

Starzeh Administrator Staff Member

With the custom trees we are using, it is possible for the roots of a tree to grow through other blocks. This is not allowed when raiding or griefing a base. If you grow a tree and the roots protrude through a protected area, you will be punished for block glitching.

Using beds to get into someone else's protected area is not allowed. If you are caught doing this, you will be punished for block glitching.

Using boats to get into someone else's protected area is not allowed. If you are caught doing this, you will be punished for block glitching

Removing a block to gain access to a base or a player in a protected area before the block re-generates is not allowed. You will be punished for block glitching.

Using ender pearls in PvP is allowed. If you have an empty block anywhere on your base, players can get in with an ender pearl. Make sure to protect your base completely.

Using sand and/or gravel to grief a base is allowed. It is the base owner's responsibility to protect itself against normal Minecraft mechanics.

Mass grief will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You will be given the option to clean up the grief or take a temporary ban. If you need to ask if your grief is crossing a line, it probably is. Exact dimensions or amount of blocks required for mass grief will not be defined as it will allow players to tip-toe the line without punishment.

If anyone thinks I have missed anything that should be here, please let me know. Make sure to check back here on a regular basis in case something new has been added. Not knowing these rules will no longer be an excuse to avoid punishment.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Br0 and Shadow1755 like this.
  2. Br0

Br0 New Member Premium

Br0
    Reported and recorded.

I love you jonawebb.

3. Dishy

Dishy New Member

DISHxRAIDS
    Just a heads up to everyone, all tree saplings when grown do produce roots. I would suggest not using trees to grief close to bases.

4. Tarthus

Tarthus Member

TarthusNPC
    As well as some that grow dramatically to the side, I would say as long as you are 15+ blocks away you can cause a lot of annoying cleanup but not risk the tree growing oddly and getting you banned for bypassing Pstone protections

5. Stick

Stick Member Premium

Stick4Warden
    These rules are obvious and anyone who broke them knew what they were doing was wrong. You have already bred a player base that doesn't respect you and your rules. Players are using hacked clients and admitting to having used them in public, and they are admitting that they plan to mass grief in the future and don't care about the punishment. When a prolific player breaks the rules, think about what you would rather happen; they get banned and quit, or the whole server dies because the player base doesn't respect the rules that hold the game experience together.

6. Tarthus

Tarthus Member

TarthusNPC
    +1

7. Starzeh

Starzeh Administrator Staff Member

So I'm meant to enforce rules that weren't ever posted? If I did that, just as many of you would complain. The rules are now posted, players are now aware of all of the rules and are expected to follow them. If people choose to not respect me after what I'm continuously trying to do for them and the server, that's on them, not on me.

tdsteve and WooK like this.