hella suggestions p2

Discussion in 'Feedback & General Suggestions' started by Kordell, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Kordell

Kordell New Member

I'ma start it off with suggestions from my last post that were said would be implemented, and the ones that need to be even tho you said no.
    -Warp signs around the prison.
    -"Just because you guys complain about them doesn't mean it's something we want right now" yeah I get it's y'alls server and you can do whatever the fuck you want with it but we play the server and donate our money to you so it stays up.
    -The lilypads in spawn are so annoying, like I know you said you keep them their because you "think they're pretty" but everyone wants them gone, except for you.

now onto free/infamy

-Markillion logged in and hit me with the "Kordell ur gonna hate infamy even more soon!" and I'm assuming that's because I have the most infamy at 268k. If he said that because he means I'd only lose 7200 infamy instead of all of it every time I get killed that's not only a problem for me. Everyone else will get tired of ranking up as well. like 95% of the players are veterans who only play because of nostalgia, not because they enjoy the server. I'm saying that because adding even more things that no one likes will definitely not help the server grow at all, but will do the exact opposite. Oldschool Runescape has a gamemode called Dead Man Mode which is kind of similar to how you guys want to run your server. DMM was hype but died early. Why you ask? Implementing their own rules players didn't want/ask for at all. Only reason DMM got even more players this last season was because they added in new weapons/armors that players wanted to use because they were exclusive to DMM, AND took player suggestions, lmao. The player suggestions were mostly suggestions that made the game less annoying in ways such as less running/walking around by giving more teleports, making the deaths less punishing/demotivating(which the current way infamy is thought out to be is lol), and making it easier to get items. Now before you hit me with the "thats osrs not killion xDDDDD" all of these hella apply to killion as well
    -After 7200 infamy it shouldnt matter how much you have and should all be removed. No one will farm otherwise, and if they do it'll be on an alt that they keep very secure lol.
    -I think infamy should also be lost in more ways than just guarding. There's barely any prisoners on cause they quit, or are a vet and get ranked up by other players.
    -A way I have in order to prevent farming alts is to make killing other players give you a significant amount of infamy. If they go killing on their main they gain infamy, and if they're not willing to kill people on their main for the infamy they're not going to kill people on a farming alt with infamy already cause they risk being sent back.
    -Again, infamy spam is fucking annoying and it still has the typo "you have gained 2 infamy point"
    -I like that you removed the buy shops from the prison but I do think you should add player shops we can make in free, it'll increase player interaction and will give guilds a reason to ally other clans to purchase their goods in peace.
    -Guild homes. I get you guys don't want them just for the 'risk' factor, but adding mounts will completely ruin that too lmao. Unless you hit them every single hit with an enchanted bow while they're moving fast as fuck you're not killing them at all. Only way that can even maybe happen is if you're in an open area with no hills/mountains/trees. Plus no one fucking likes running back and forth it's boring. My friend I invited to the server played for less than an hour and quit just because of the running back and forth to the base lmfao. Beds are stupid because we have to suicide to get back to it. What if I was exploring free and I'm across the map now with an inv full of stuff? I don't want to run 4k fucking blocks to get back to my base. It doesnt make selling less risk at all.
    -Make more viable ways to make money other than farming. Farming is incredibly boring, and it's all there is to do because pvp has no meaning because you get nothing.
    -Remove the border/increase it by at least x2 in the nether or reset weekly pls
    -Enable more things lol literally everything is against the fuckin rules (skybases, cubes, mass grief(i kind of agree with this one), no railroads, etc)
    -Add bank signs in the warp room or add warps into the bank. It's so annoying having to run back and forth between them.
    -Different farm pstones for different crops.
    -The ability to transfer ownership of guild to one another, the ability to do /g (persons name) and it brings up everything about their guild, guild allies/enemies along with an ally chat

not tryna sound aggressive about these changes btw lol

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. Sheeps (Ctob)

Sheeps (Ctob) Member Premium

Sac
    I don't think ending your suggestion thread with that is going to help... :thinking:
    However, I do agree that if the infamy system is changed now to be much more costly, it's going to have a very negative impact on a lot of players. I currently have 110k infamy and if its changed so I have to "pay" for every single point of that 110k, i'm screwed and probably will just play on an alt from now on. I paid 30k for an invo of gravel and sand because theres nothing else to spend money on... I have like 100k right now and if infamy doesnt reset upon death, I'll never get to Free again on that account because i'm not gonna grind my way thru the prison 10 times in a row. I understand that this isnt what Mark directly said, but I find it highly unlikely that we will get screwed that hard.

Kordell likes this.
  3. Kordell

Kordell New Member

it's gone lmao

Sheeps (Ctob) likes this.
  4. NotoriousV2

NotoriousV2 Administrator Staff Member

NotoriousV2
    Before continuing, I’d just like to say thank you for the feedback. It’s incredibly valuable, and with it, we’re able to implement changes and help base gameplay decisions around what the players would enjoy. It’s also worth mentioning that, when you begin or end most of your points with “lol” or the like, it negatively affects your arguments. It’s harder to take you seriously when you do this.

I’m familiar with both Old School Runescape and their DMM gamemode. I would not say Killion is wanting to go in the direction of DMM. I will say, though, taking a note out of their book about player suggestions and implementations could prove useful; however, at the end of the day, we are NOT trying to create the “old” Killion. OSRS is the old version of the game with new content sprinkled on top. We are creating something completely different than the old Killion Detention Center (notice the rebranding?)

These two points can easily be summed up with this: please wait and see how the system is implemented. This server is heavily in development. I understand the worry, but I believe it’d be in your best interest to see how the initial workings are carried out.

Many (if not all) the shops and buildings around the new free spawn will be put into use. We are looking to achieve a “player-interaction” economy. This is one of the reasons buy signs were removed. Without giving out too much information, I would not be surprised if player shops made their appearance in the spawn.

We are not interested in guild homes. Like stated above, the server is heavily in development, and this could change. We believe mounts are the best of both worlds: they provide faster transportation, but also come with risk. You are again assuming how things will work; however, we had it planned that should you take x damage from a player, you would be knocked off your mount.

The old CTP had world resets when administration deemed necessary. Wouldn’t it be logical to think that would be the case this time around, too? As for a border increase, it’s likely not needed, but is something we could investigate.

There is a reason why sky bases, cubes, and mass griefing are against the rules. Why would we “enabled more things” of this nature? Much more content is in the works and coming, but these types of topics will never be allowed.

Not sure what you mean about different protection stones for different crops. Could you elaborate on this point?

Guilds, much like everything else, are in development. These suggestions (guild ownership transfer, allies, enemies, and ally chat) are all noted on our development board and will be implemented. As for looking up players, there are already a few commands. For example, you can use “/guild list” and click into each guild to view rosters and member status. Additionally, you may do “/guild lookup <player>” to view a small amount of information on the player. The command “/guild view TAG” is also available.

With that said, I do realize the information is lackluster (and honestly a bit useless beyond a quick glance). What type of information would you like to see when looking up a player? Currently, there is not much information to display, but in the future, this will change… so it’d be valuable to hear what you as players would enjoy seeing.

With all that said, thanks for the suggestions. I’m sure I’ve made a few grammatical errors and missed some points (forgive me, I’ve just woken up and haven’t had my morning coffee yet…). Feel free to respond to any points. I’d love to have a conversation with you and keep the feedback loop in motion.

Tarthus likes this.
  5. Kordell

Kordell New Member

yeah, turns out I'm fucking retarded so I say lol all the time lmao

ye I know you're not going in the exact direction of it but it's similar to it imo, but ye I get wot you're saying.

kk!!!!!!

Yeah I like that it was removed, but idk about them being in spawn. I like the idea of it being in free. It'd have more player interaction. Like, if guilds wanted to be able to sell their stuff they'd HAVE to have allies otherwise players wouldn't buy or sell to them unless they overpay, or sell for cheap. Also adds to the risk factor you guys wanted. Bad business would also turn people away from your shop. Say I go to SUN's shop, and get killed every time I fucking buy something, chances are I'm not buying from those fucks ever again.

Yeah, but unless the mounts are fast as fuck I feel like it's still gonna take forever to get around which also turns a lot of players away, but if you make them too fast they're not gonna be able to be killed unless the player killing them is an actual fucking god, or the player on the mount is the worst minecraft player to fucking exist.

I didn't play old killion much, so I don't know how the nether worked lol but assuming by your message it's similar to this. Idk, I get first come, first server but damn. If you don't run the portal you're not getting anything good, and if you do want something such as quartz, you have to get it from the ceiling of the nether which is annoying as fuck to get, and dangerous as fuck (':

Well, I didn't mean cubing itself but somethings shouldnt classify as cubing imo, but idk why skybases aren't allowed. They can be countered by making a platform/enderpearling and to prevent being shot off and dying you could just place water. But yeah, fuck mass grief lmao.

Like, either a resizable illegal farm or illegal farms that are best for one crop. Like if you added more, the current one would be best for sugarcane. Because pumpkins/melons take up 2 blocks you get a lot less of them per pstone(although you don't have to replant), and are harder to break(until enchants come out I guess) so really this one doesn't matter as much.

if I did /guild kordelllll it should tell me the guild, everyone in the guild, the owner of the guild, how many members online, and allies/enemies.

It'd prolly be easier to talk on disc btw but if you'd rather talk on here itsk

regarding the killing someone giving you a lot of infamy thing, I feel like there should be a money reward for sending someone back to the prison (obvi not enough to exploit by killing your guild). Gaining a lot of infamy per kill I feel is necessary if you want there to be a risk for farming. Otherwise as I and Ctob said alts will just be used, or no one will farm.

6. Ronguat

Ronguat New Member

Ronguat
    NotoriousV2 I know I'm inserting myself into the conversation a bit, but I'm a student at the University of Utah who is studying game development at the University of Utah and I would be honored if I could help with anything server-wise. I am extremely passionate about game design philosophy, particularly player-driven economies (both the economy itself as well as potential for uses in the field of education). I was actually heavily inspired by the idea of Killion and was planning on creating my own take on the server until I learned that it was open again, at which point I instantly joined. I feel there's an immense potential for this server to be great and I'd like to do everything in my power to help get it there, so although I'm new, I'd be honored by any opportunity you might be able to send my way, whether it be feedback, early testing, or anything else. If this doesn't sound interesting at all, not a problem! I'll still be a loyal player on this grand experiment you guys have going on. Have a good day!

Tarthus likes this.
  7. Nero

Nero New Member

NeroAlexander
    hella

8. Ryan10000

Ryan10000 New Member Premium

ryan10000
    I think this sentence best summarizes up your post.