I'm Not S**t Posting, I'm trying to reason with everyone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadow1755, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Shadow1755

Shadow1755 Member

Shadow1755
    Ok welp here it is....
    Player Numbers should be a big problem. Not to be like Meh w/e, No!
    Having this server in "Early Access" Was a bad idea. People are paying money for something incomplete? Before you go "Joey. People by early access games already" They don't do Early Access in a already finished game. Guilds is so bare bones. The Economy is not flexable enough nor can it handle some of the prices to get Pstones efficiently. Pstones are not even ready to be a feature. Guards are useless like really stupid and useless. Back in the day if two people are fighting the guard can end it by killing them, Or even kill one person doing the fighting. Now all guards can do is hope to see a sword and get it. NOT EVEN STOP THE PVP.... very unwelcoming to new players getting trolled by people at higher ranks. The fact that guards don't make any balance to the Infamy system also isn't great too. The road map was a amazing idea pitch by the community to finally see progress in real time, Sadly all it is at this time of making this post is...... 14 words. Which the activity on the trello hasn't been touched in a while.. Early Access games normally keep people in the loop... Not hey this might happen, We might update, Your say means little. Early Access games that don't work with themselves and the community trying to support it won't be successful.
    The Players are leaving, The Growth has stopped, And the updates aren't even worth the time to re-log. My post I know looks like a shit post, But I mean this will all my love, Things need to be fixed and changed. The Brand Killion will bring the old players back. But the Staff and their involvement with the community and content is the only driving force to keeping this server and its dreams alive. I know the holidays are coming and everyone wants to be with family and friends, and some time off. But even before the holidays had came nothing felt fresh about the updates we had gotten.
    I stated many of times in discord, I know what its like to be a Player, I know what its like to be an Admin, And I know what its like to be an Owner. I've "Been there done that" I'm sure the community wants to see Killion stand the test of time, But we can't support this place if its not engaging and inviting, and lets be honest here its not engaging being able to do nothing now..

As Sac said in another thread, "Killion is the MC of Star Citizen"
    This Quote hits hard because that is an Early Access game I even supported that fell flat with lackluster updates, Zero Community involvement, And damn near no content engaging after the 12th time doing.

We need updates that matter to be worked on first, Mounts are useless compared to Enchants or a fully working Infamy system. One that doesn't do nothing and restrict some players. Minecarts are still disabled but can be used to the few that found them. Ender chest are not even a thing. (Why?)

I want to see Killion stay. We the community want to still play on Killion, But does Killion want to work with the community? This is my question to you Mark. I'm aware of how you handle things and how you are in discord, But PLEASE. Lets all keep pushing forward together. You been around for a long time and know the task at hand. Lets see things for the better! I know the Staff Team will read this. Please embrace everything above not as a s**t Post. But merely a cry from the community longing for their server they grew up with keep growing.

P.s. I know my spelling and grammar suck, Get over it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. Kordell

Kordell New Member

guild homes when

AnacondaPimpHand, Breese and WooK like this.
  3. TRCroatia

TRCroatia New Member

TRCroatia
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

AnacondaPimpHand, WooK and Lax like this.
  4. kunal1234

kunal1234 New Member

@Shadow1755 dont worry the end result will resolve everything

5. Ryan10000

Ryan10000 New Member Premium

ryan10000
    There's a reason most people refuse to buy early access games anymore. The average EA game takes almost 2 years to come out of early access, let alone the majority of early access games just flat out fail.

Saying Killion is in "early access" is a terrible idea odds wise.

Treating the community like idiots just because they are worried about the future of the server is dumb.

The problem is not that players are unwilling to wait for updates, it's that the updates are either garbage or unsubstantial.

I understand the community might not understand the direction you are trying to take the server in, but instead of touting this "new unique experience" maybe you should convey what it is you are trying to do.

Players came back because they missed what Killion was. You released Killion with 90% of the server the same, but removed what people loved and essentially said, "lol fuck you wait long enough and maybe we'll release something you will like." At least describe what you are trying to do. "We are expanding the gameplay past the prison" doesn't cut it when players have been waiting months for menial updates that have yet to come.

If Killion was a brand new server without a loyal player base the server would have been dead a month ago.

gkidedabeast likes this.
  6. Cm_Pulse

Cm_Pulse New Member

Cm_Pulse
    I guess i'll add on to this, So here we go. Be prepared, it's pretty long.

Communication is key when it comes to early access projects, doesn't matter if it's a big budget video game, or a Minecraft server like Killion.

Minecraft is one of the best selling games of all time. Do you think it would be anywhere near as successful as it is had it not been for Notch's willingness to put out updates regularly, and take in community feedback with open arms? I really think not. He put in the effort to make sure that the game had new content regularly to make sure the player base didn't get bored and ditch it, and it ended up working out extremely well not only for himself and his team he would later establish, but also for the people that genuinely love the game. The game thrived due to it's frequent updates and community interaction. We are talking about a game with maybe a few thousand players when it first started out, so even in it's infancy, he dealt with far more than you ever will with Killion, yet he did it, and the game and the community surrounding it are better off for it.

Now there's Killion, a server that thrived in 2011-2013, and died in 2014 due to, you guessed it, lack of communication and updates. Then it had a brief revival in 2015, where the same thing happened. If Notch could provide consistent updates to Minecraft, an actual game, Why is it so hard for you to provide updates on what you are working on with Killion? I'm sure you have a pretty clear idea on what you want the future of Killion to look like, so why not share it with the people that support you? The feedback the community provides would prove very valuable I would assume, and it would help make Killion a place that people want to come and play on, and not just sit around and complain about it.

Here's an example of something the community is vehemently against, but their concerns were brushed aside. The infamy system. I get it, it's like bounties, which are cool on their own, but you tied it in with getting sent back to the prison. You tied it in with people being able to see your exact location. You tied it in with not being able to use a very basic function in /pay. At some point you have to realize that punishing players so severely for playing the server is going to deeply impact it, which it already has, and the update isn't even implemented yet. When people showed their distaste with it, what did you do? Did you say that you were going to think it over some more? Did you say that you will take in the community's feedback and tweak the system? No, you disabled reactions to the announcement, and all future announcements on Discord. To shut the community down like that, and make them feel like their opinions don't matter is just downright shameful.

As mentioned in the OP, it was actually brought up in another thread that the player base doesn't matter right now, due to it being in the developmental phase. What happens when the player base you believe will come back loses trust in you, and doesn't end up coming back? Not only would you have ruined Killion's name, but you also would have spent so much time on something that nobody cares about anymore. That's why even in this early stage of "new Killion" it's important to keep the player base not only informed, but happy as well.

Sorry for rambling, but this community has been a part of my life for nearly 7 years now, it really sucks to see it crumble like this. If I didn't care, I could just insult you and be done with it, but that's not the reality of the situation for me. I love this server, if I didn't I wouldn't spend like an hour writing this. I didn't write this as a form of disrespect, far from it actually. I only want the best for Killion and the players that make Killion so special in the first place.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Kordell, Lax, kunal1234 and 8 others like this.