Player base leaving/Lack of Info from staff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gkidedabeast, Dec 8, 2018.

1. gkidedabeast

gkidedabeast New Member Premium

gkidedabeast
    Recently there has been no interaction between the staff and the community regarding any updates or anything in general. Mark hasn't said anything in discord in about a month other then emojis/meme comments. The player base is rapidly decreasing and has even hit 0 players a few times in the past week. This is especially worrying as this is how things went the previous few revive attempts of killion, and sadly in the end they have all failed. A few things that could be done are more frequent community meetings, at least updating the Trello more often as nothing has been done with that trello since the day it was posted, or just general interaction to question in the discord besides answers like "Yes :)" and "Yes enchants" as this offers no value to anyone.

There are a ton of smaller updates that could have been pushed out over the past month even if they aren't big things like enchants to keep players playing. The infamy update had a lot of potential, however, that has been pushed back due to no enchants being enabled yet so the last update was November 11th, which is almost a month ago.

I hope I am wrong about this, and in the next couple of days some kind of update or more community transparency will start to take shape, but I am not overly confident at this point.

2. Quartzio

Quartzio New Member

55_Alex
    Come on dude give it some time. Mark wouldn't open a server without having updates ready, they are working on it and to be fair they don't have to tell players anything.... Do you reckon top business owners tell their lower tier staff about the plans for the future? no. Just give it some time, they have things ready... no need to rush it at all. We will see what the future has for us soontm.

Tarthus likes this.
  3. Jeraxus

Jeraxus New Member

Jeraxus
    Also I'm not sure where you're getting this declining player base, the average players have been about the samw for the last month. You also have to take into account many players are students and with finals have lesss time to play games. just In the last week I've seen many new players. Just be patient and don't expect Killion to go from 0% to 100% so quickly.

Tarthus likes this.
  4. chubbycurls

chubbycurls Member Premium

chubbycurls
    The lack of players at this point isn't a big deal. We are just in a wait period until the true server plans can be put into action. At that time things will be put into place to advertise and bring back a good player base.

The trello provided gives you a good list of things that are to come. That trello isn't THE working board, it's a road-map. It was created to share content bullets with the community.

Smaller updates? What type of updates are you thinking? Most of the concepts that are coming are meant to be working together with others. I'm afraid if you ask for a bunch of small updates that don't help the end goal it would be a waste of time.

Tarthus likes this.
  5. Markillion

Markillion Administrator Staff Member

Markillion
    I have no reason to say anything in Discord - it's like I'm driving a school bus with 30 kids in the back that think the more they ask "Are we there yet?" or "XYZ when?" the faster the bus will go. In reality I have to slow down to look to the back of the bus and answer.

I'm not at all concerned with the player count and no one else should either, welcome to early access / development phase. When there's an update people come back and check it out if not they will on release. It's the way of the road. Spoiler - we aren't replicating old Killion so worrying about previous iterations is pretty pointless.

Smaller updates are pointless. To use the bus analogy again you're worried that your seat isn't comfortable while the bus has no floors or walls. Welcome to early access - systems work together and they aren't finished so there's more important things to be working on and I don't think wasting time on the small things is important considering more of them will be replaced before too long anyways.

No reason to hold any meetings, I don't do that anyways, you have a roadmap you know what we're working on. There's a plan we're sticking to - this isn't figure it out as you go.

Is this going to change in the next few days no.

Br0, Tarthus and WooK like this.
  6. gkidedabeast

gkidedabeast New Member Premium

gkidedabeast
    Alright thank you for the clarification.

7. Jeraxus

Jeraxus New Member

Jeraxus
    I understand where you are coming from Mark, developement takes time and there are snags etc. Using your bus example though, any bus trip would have some kind of eta planned before the trip started. Also when it comes to the roadmap giving there is very little explanation on the given topics. Topics such as infamy have had feature announcements and are half implemented but aren't mentioned in the roadmap(Trello). There seems to be a lack of consistency between the forums and Trello. I for one would love to see a complete infamy/combat system but it's hard to know if its been temporarily abandoned even though it was announced because it's not on the Trello. Are they part of one of the items on Trello or have you half built the roof and moved on to the tires? If they are part of a Trello item update it showing the dependancies required for whats being worked on. I think this might also help the community understand how much goes into these plugins and why developement takes so much time. I can't wait to see this server be officially released and want you to take you time, but a little more consistency and explanation would be nice.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    gkidedabeast likes this.
  8. Slenaas

Slenaas New Member

slenaas
    And don't forget, the slots in premium did get fixed so.... Thank you Mark and Staff for that btw..

chubbycurls and WooK like this.
  9. Sheeps (Ctob)

Sheeps (Ctob) Member Premium

Sac
    Sorry but Killion == The Star Citizen of MC

AnacondaPimpHand, WooK and Jeraxus like this.