The Future of Killion

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Starzeh, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Starzeh

Starzeh Administrator Staff Member

The decision has been made to halt progress on the current roadmap of Killion. After several long discussions between the three of us, we have come to the conclusion that it will be a lot easier and more worth our time to post-pone our end goal until the release of Hytale. With Hytale comes a much more cohesive, functional support system that will allow us to create and implement our own assets which will give us more creative freedom than Minecraft offers. For those of you who do not know what Hytale is, here is the official trailer;

With that said; it is unknown when the release of Hytale will come. So that begs the question, what next? Well.. there are three options.

Option #1; we close Killion until Hytale's release. This is not the option that we want but will ultimately leave that decision to the community.

Option #2; Killion stays on the current patch, keeps it's map but we scrap the ideas we had before. With this option we can add enchants, revert armor and weapons back to their vanilla form, and brainstorm new ideas on how to expand content for the Free world. We can also continue to work on trying to balance PvP and make it more viable for this patch, as best as we can. With this option I will be taking the creative lead as to how we move forward.

Option #3; we revert back to patch 1.7/1.8 and start over. This will mean that we start with no map, no content, and everyone will be reset once again as well as lose all of their current money/items. This option will take the longest to become playable as it is a fresh start, so weigh the pros and cons before immediately making your decision. Ban list will NOT be wiped.

So the decision is ultimately yours. Again, I ask that you really weigh the pros and cons of the options and not just make a snap decision. We also welcome constructive feedback and questions, but will not tolerate flaming or shit-talking.

On that topic, we will no longer be tolerating toxicity. There is a constructive way to get your opinions and your points across that do not include insulting or degrading us. We are human. We have lives. Sometimes things interfere with our progress that we can't ignore. If this is something you can not accept, then please quietly leave the community. Being constantly mocked or put down kills our desire to continue working on a thankless project and we will not be allowing it anymore.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Slenaas and Tarthus like this.
  2. Cm_Pulse

Cm_Pulse New Member

Cm_Pulse
    Option 2 is the best choice in my opinion. Everyone just wanted to play killion like it was before, so reverting back to a state similar to that seems like it would make everyone happy. Option 1 is by far the worst choice, due to the fact that 1. the release date is unknown, and 2. Not everyone will play Hytale.
    I personally really hate option 3 as well, due to the fact that i've put so much time into this iteration of Killion, spent 30 bucks on 2 months of premium, and built a nice little base with my friend. It would feel like not only mine, but everyone's time would have been wasted.

Slenaas, OmegaCherry, Tarthus and 5 others like this.
  3. Lax

Lax Member

Laxrules017
    How do I unvote? I want to change my vote to option 3......

4. Speedyjyx

Speedyjyx New Member

Hello,

The server doesn't feel the same as 3-4 years ago. I remember the huge pvp fights in C-block and the huge community. I had a lot of fun and great memories. About 3 weeks ago i started playing again and it didn't feld the same like i said. It feld empty and unfinished. I personally believe that the server isn't going to be successfull as it was 3-4 years ago. People moved on... Their are so many other great servers out there that's it's really hard to compete with. I don't like to say this becous i want it to be great and fun as before but i don't think it's gonna happen unfortunately. I just saw the trailer from Hytale and it seems to be the next big thing if they do it right, lot's of hype from what i see on the internet. I think you should move on and go for option #1. In my eyes it's a great opportunity for u guys to start fresh and make something great again like the killion from 3-4 years ago. So yha that's my opinion. Thx for letting me share my opinion

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  5. iMakeMcVids

iMakeMcVids New Member

opt 3 please.

6. _REDRUM_

_REDRUM_ New Member Premium

_REDRUM_
    I really want enchants, that's influencing my decision greatly.

7. Br0

Br0 New Member Premium

Br0
    3 is literally the best

Areosis likes this.
  8. WooK

WooK Member

WooK
    As someone said in Discord, starting with option 2 then moving to 3 if it doesn't work out seems like a good idea.

9. Starzeh

Starzeh Administrator Staff Member

We are going with option 2. Thank you to those of you who showed up in Discord to discuss this with me. I'm confident that we can do great things with the current version of Killion and look forward to working with you guys to bring in great content.

10. iMakeMcVids

iMakeMcVids New Member

11. AnacondaPimpHand

AnacondaPimpHand New Member

Vote no on pstone tax

12. Slenaas

Slenaas New Member

slenaas
    voting for option 2 but with the hope that killion moves to Hytale as that seems like a better fit for the mission Mark has for the server. While I know no release date has been given for it, it just seems like a platform more easily adaptable to the needs of the server. I love Minecraft, but it wasn't made for this complex of servers in mind. Nice note about the toxicity in the community, tired of reading posts from people who have no patience or respect for you guys.